Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Trainer agrees:
- To provide training for the Client and Dog using only force-free techniques to support the building of a positive relationship between the Client and Dog.
- To make every reasonable effort to help the Client and Dog achieve the agreed training and behavioural goals but cannot guarantee behaviours or results in individual dogs.
The Client agrees:
- To follow, and enable any others who live in the same household as the Dog to follow, the Trainer’s instructions without modification regarding any and all behaviour and treatment of the Dog including working with the Dog on a daily schedule as recommended in order to constantly reinforce the training provided by the Trainer.
- To pay the agreed fee for the training session or package of sessions or course with the Trainer.
- (a) Session(s)
To give at least 72 hours’ notice in case of cancellation. If the Client fails to give at least 72 hours’ notice of cancellation or is not present at the time of the scheduled session, fees are still due and non-refundable. For a package deal, the session will still be counted as one session from the package.
1.Cancellations within 72 hours before the commencement of a course (including but not limited to puppy pre-school) are non-refundable. This includes cancellation by us if your dog does not meet the age requirements for puppy school which are clearly set out. The courses have limited spaces, so this is necessary to reduce the burden of late cancellations.
- Non-attendance by the Client at one or more of the classes that form part of a course will not create grounds for either a partial or full refund.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
- Responsibility for the Dog’s actions always rests with the Client and that participation in dog training is not without risk to the Client, the Dog as well as any family members or guests who might attend.
- Accept full responsibility for Client actions, for the actions of the Dog and the actions of any family members or guests who might attend training.
- If the Dog damages property or in any way harms another dog, animal or person at the training facility, the Client assumes the risks and will be held responsible for any resulting injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses.
HANDLING OF DOGS
- Dogs must be kept on lead at all times when arriving and leaving the premises, including entry and exit from a Client vehicle, and during class unless otherwise directed by the Trainer.
- The Client must not allow Dog to approach another dog unless directed by the Trainer. Not all dogs are comfortable being approached by an unknown dog whilst restrained.
- Check chains and check collars are not permitted in the Trainer’s sessions. The Dog must wear a flat collar to all training.
- In the event of extreme weather (storm, rain, wind or extreme heat) it is the trainers’ discretion whether training will continue. The Trainer will take into account the Dog’s wellbeing as the utmost priority, as extreme weather can cause dogs to be panicked, anxious, less focused or have the potential to get overheated and ill. The Trainer will advise the Client as soon as possible when a class needs to be rescheduled, and will work with the Client to reschedule to an appropriate date.
SICK OR INJURED DOGS
- If your dog is sick or injured, please make contact as early as possible to reschedule your session and discuss your options. The safety of your dog is paramount.
- Handlers must disclose to the Trainer any danger or sensitivities their dog may present and any situations that may provoke aggression in their dog. Handlers are responsible for avoiding those situations.
- Whilst in class, all handlers must adhere to any and all safety instructions and directions given to them by the trainer/s in charge.
- Covered Shoes
All handlers are required to wear covered shoes during training sessions. This is a workplace health and safety requirement. Handlers wearing inappropriate footwear may be excluded from training for their own safety. In any event, the Trainer (or his agents) will not be liable for accident or injury resulting from inappropriate footwear.
If the Client brings children to training, the Client is responsible for their care and appropriate supervision. Care should be taken that children do not unnecessarily disrupt training.
- Children must not approach dogs without first checking with the Trainer or the dog’s handler. Some dogs are not accustomed to children and may be uncertain of your child’s affection.
- Children must not play on any apparatus in the training facility. The apparatus on site are only designed for use by dogs.
- Children must not climb trees in the training facility.
- At the Trainer’s sole election, Trainer’s duties here-under shall terminate if (a) in Trainer’s sole judgement Dog is dangerous or vicious to Trainer or any other person or animal, or interferes with the training of other dogs, or (b) Client breaches any term or condition of this Agreement. Upon termination in accordance with the foregoing, Trainer’s duties shall terminate but all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement is binding upon Client. This Agreement supersedes all prior discussions, representations, warranties and agreements of the parties, and expresses the entire agreement between Client and Trainer regarding the matters described above. The parties confirm that, except for that which is specifically written in this Agreement, no promises, representations or oral understandings have been made with regard to the Dog or anything else. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Client acknowledges that Trainer has not represented, promised, guaranteed or warranted that Dog will never bite, that the Dog will not be dangerous or vicious in the future, that the Dog will not exhibit other behavioural problems, or that the results of the training will last for any particular amount of time. This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument signed by both the Client and the Trainer.